Friday, March 31, 2017

March 31, 2017

RELATIONSHIP


Psalms 59:16-17 (58:17-18 LXX)

But I will sing of Your power,
And greatly rejoice in Your mercy in the morning;
For You are my protector,
And my refuge in the day of my affliction.
You are my helper; I will sing to You;
For You, O God, are my protector;
You are my mercy, O my God.

Encouraging Words

I absolutely love the depth of the love that the psalmist has for his God and the breadth of his relationship. In some passages such as this one it is so clear how much He sees God actively and intimately involved in his life and in others we see him crying out to God in anger, frustration, and confession because he cannot see or feel God's presence in his life. This kind of relationship is only possible after many years of intimacy with another, working together through the good times as well as the bad. My desire is to live my life in such a way that I too can be this close to my Lord. I know that if there is any kind of distance between Him and me it is there because I have pulled away for He is always pouring out His power, money, and grace upon me. He is always my protector, refuge, and helper. Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment