Saturday, June 17, 2017

June 15, 2017

GOING TO WAR


1 Maccabees 3:59-60

For it is better for us to die in war than to look upon the evils the Gentiles would bring to us and the sanctuary. But as God's will is in heaven, so He will do.

Personal Challenge


Am I willing to die for my Lord? To give my life for Him, whether it be physically dying for Him or giving up of my personal wants and needs on a day to day basis? Am I willing to go to war, to battle for my Lord? As a living member of the body of Christ, I am considered a part of the Church Militant. This does not mean that we are out to battle the world and those who believe differently than us. It means that our battle is against those spiritual forces that are counter to our Lord. The battle is also an internal one against these desires and passions within me that well up against that which my Lord desires of me. This is truly the war that my Lord wants me to die in. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment