Thursday, July 13, 2017

July 13, 2017

MARTHA OR MARY?


Luke 10:41-42

And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”

Personal Challenge

I must always watch my life and make sure that I keep a good balance between being a Martha or a Mary. Jesus does not point out one as being better than the other. What He points out is that there is a time to be one and a time to be another. So, what is a Martha and what is a Mary? Martha is that task oriented person who is obsessed with getting things done. They are the ones that we can always count on to get the work done. Unfortunately, they don't do too well when it comes to relationships. The Mary, however, is the one that is all about building relationships, the social butterfly. They can always be counted on to keep the party alive and everyone engaged in building relationships. Both have great strengths, but those strengths are also their weaknesses. I am, by nature, a Martha. I am a get-er-done kind of guy. However, I have learned, and am continuing to learn, that God also needs me to be a Mary and spend time just being with those around me. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment