Monday, August 7, 2017

August 6, 2017

KEEPING THE WORD OF GOD


Luke 11:28

But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

Personal Challenge

Wait a minute! Do you mean that all of this stuff that I hear about God in the sermons that I sit through, all of the things that I read about in my Bible studies, all the things the Jesus talked about in the Gospels, are things that I am supposed to do? Do you mean that when Jesus told us to love God and love our neighbor, that it applied to me? When He said that if I look at a woman with lustful eyes it was the same as going to bed with her or when I was angry with my brother it is the same as murder? How have we come to this place in our Christian faith practice that we spend all this time learning about God and yet do nothing with it? Jesus does not want us to just be pupils, He wants us to apply His teachings in our lives all of the time. Being a follower of Christ means putting our own lives and our own ways behind us. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment