Thursday, July 5, 2018

July 1, 2018

KNOWING GOD?


Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

“For who has known the mind of the Lord?Or who has become His counselor?Or who has first given to HimAnd it shall be repaid to him?”
For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Encouraging Words

One of the beautiful things that I have been able to learn since I converted to Eastern Orthodoxy is that the more I learn about God and the closer that I get to Him, the more I realize how much I do not know about Him and the farther away from Him that I really am from Him. This is because He is so great and so expansive and I am so finite. For the last 2,000 years, our church fathers have taught, and continue to teach, that our journey to knowing God will be eternal and that we will only scratch the surface of who He is. The humbling part of this is that even though he is God and so far beyond what we will ever know, He became a human being so that we could become one with Him. Thank You, oh my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment