Thursday, April 30, 2020

April 29, 2020

SING TO THE LORD


Psalms 103:33-34 (104:33-34)

I will sing to the Lord all my life;
I will sing to my God as long as I exist;
May my words be pleasing to Him,
And I shall be glad in the Lord.

Personal Challenge

Is it really possible to sing to the Lord in days like we are in today? Dealing with a pandemic, sequestered in our homes, some of us laid off from work, conspiracy theorists, and those loving anarchy ramping up. So many see these as hard and difficult times. But are they? We are not being pulled from our homes and sent to concentration camps because we proclaim Christ as our Lord. We are not being branded and sent to gas chambers because of our nationality. We are still free, just being asked to do what is deemed prudent to curtail an unprecedented virus. Yes, it is an inconvenience. Yes, in some cases it means an impact on our income. But is truth, we have so much that we can sing to our Lord about. Maybe we should focus our energies and our commentaries on praising our Lord for all that He has done for us and given to us rather than focusing on conspiracies and rantings that tickle our ears and make us feel superior to others. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment