Thursday, July 9, 2020

July 7, 2020

HEAR AND HEARKEN


Proverbs 8:32-34 (8:33-34)

Now therefore, my son, hear me:
Blessed is the man who shall hearken to me
And the man who shall guard my ways;
Who watches daily at my doors,
Who keeps watch at the doors of my entryways;
For my issues are the issues of life,
And grace is prepared from the Lord.

Personal Challenge

We are encouraged to listen to the Lord, to hear Him, and then to hearken (to give heed or attention) to what is said so that our lives might be blessed. Upon the receipt of these teachings from our Lord, we can then guard His ways, watch daily at the doors of His Kingdom here on earth, and receive the grace that He has prepared for us. Being a follower of Christ, a Christian requires ongoing action. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment