Wednesday, May 19, 2021

May 19, 2021

HE LEFT ALL


Luke 5:27-28

After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he left all, rose up, and followed Him.

Personal Challenge

Every time I read this account of Levi, I ask myself if I would be willing to do this. Levi was in a very lucrative position. As a tax collector, he was hated be the Jews, but he would have been a very wealthy person. Jesus said, "Follow Me.", and Levi left everything behind and followed Him. Would I do that if Jesus called me to follow Him like this? Has my life, and the stuff that I have filled it with, become more important than Him? Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner, and prepare me to hear Your voice and answer Your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment