Wednesday, October 27, 2021

October 26, 2021,

THE CHURN WITHIN


Romans 7:17-20

But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Personal Challenge

As long as we remain alive in this earthly tent that we have, we will be dealing with sin. Our flesh, our earthly part, is tempted on every side. It even has within it the desires and passions that drive us to seek sin over righteousness. Our spirit, which has been redeemed, restored, and refreshed by the work of Jesus within us, gives us the desire to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and live a life of righteousness. This is the battle within that Paul writes about, that churning within of the flesh drawing us to sin and our spirit drawing us to righteousness. It is a battle that can be won, but it must be fought with submission to Jesus and the help of the Holy Spirit. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment