Wednesday, September 28, 2022

September 27, 2022

HIDING FROM GOD


Genesis 3:8-10

Then they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden that afternoon, and Adam and his wife hid themselves within the tree in the middle of the garden from the presence of the Lord God. So the Lord God called Adam and said to him, “Adam, where are you?” He replied, “I heard Your voice as You were walking in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself.”

Personal challenge


Adam and Eve both knew, immediately, that their sin, their disobedience, was wrong and that they needed to hide from God. And yet, God came looking for them, lovingly, as He always did, God loves us so much more than our sin can interfere with. Our tendency is to hide from God when we sin, when what we need to do is run to Him and expose ourselves and our wrongdoing so that He can heal and restore us. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment