Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February 28, 2023

PETER WEPT


Mark 14:72

A second time the rooster crowed. Then Peter called to mind the word that Jesus had said to him, “Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times.” And when he thought about it, he wept.

Personal Challenge

Earlier in the ministry of Jesus, Peter had proclaimed that he would never forsake Jesus, that he would die for Him. Now, when the going gets tough, Peter denies Jesus, not once, but three times. Is it no wonder that he wept when he was called out for this? The personal challenge for me here is, do I weep when I have committed sin in my life? Am I grieved to the point of tears when I abandon my fist love and put myself, my desires, my passions, before Jesus, God, and others? Am I truly penitent when I ask for forgiveness? Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment