Thursday, October 19, 2023

October 19, 2023

CLEANSE ME, O LORD


Psalms 51:1-4 (50:2-6)

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your great mercy;
And according to the abundance of Your compassion, blot out my transgression.
Wash me thoroughly from my lawlessness
And cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my lawlessness,
And my sin is always before me.
Against You only have I sinned
And done evil in Your sight;
That You may be justified in Your words,
And overcome when You are judged.

Personal Challenge

This psalm presents David's lamentation after Nathan confronted him on his sinful relationship with Bathsheba. David did not fight back and defend his sinful actions. He immediately confessed his sin, repented, and reached out to his God for forgiveness and mercy. This is a prayer that we can all pray when we are reminded of our sins. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment