Saturday, February 3, 2024

January 31, 2024

DO I DO OR DO I NOT DO


Romans 7:17-20

But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Personal Challenge


Paul nails the challenge of life so well in this passage. We all have that desire to do the good and godly things in our lives. And yet, we continually find ourselves doing just those things that we do not want to do. Our desire is to be spiritual and yet we continually get drawn into the temporal, the worldly. It is indeed a conundrum, one that pushes us to recognize that we need Jesus to help us sort this out. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment