Monday, October 14, 2024

October 13, 2024

LIFE OR DEATH


Philippians 1:21

For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Personal Challenge

One of the beautiful things that I have come to appreciate about the Eastern Orthodox faith practice is the acceptance and veneration of the saints of Christianity. We are not alone in our journey to theosis, or being in the image of Christ. We have recognized saints and patriarchs that go all the way back to Adam and Eve who have demonstrated for us how to live our lives for our God. Paul's proclamation here is such a powerful reminder that whether I continue to live my life here on earth or God chooses to take me home to heaven to be with Him, all is for gain, if I am always focused on Him. With this mindset there is nothing to fear about death. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment