Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June 2, 2015

Am I among the people or set apart?


Isaiah 6:8-10

I also heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go to this people?" Then I said, "Behold, here am I, send me." So He said, "Go, and tell this people, 'You shall hear indeed, but not understand; and you shall see indeed, but not perceive.' For the heart of this people has become insensitive, and their ears hear with difficulty. They have closed their eyes, lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and return, and I should heal them."

Personal Challenge

I usually go to the first part of this passage and ask if I would be willing to go do God's work as willingly as Isaiah was. But maybe the real question to be pondering is where I fit in with the people that Isaiah was being sent to. Do I close my eyes, ears, and heart to the true message of God because I want to do things my way? Do I hold my beliefs, my understandings, my knowledge and earthly wisdom in higher regard than God's? If the answers to any of these questions come anywhere close to a yes, or even a maybe, then it is time to repent and flee into the arms of my Lord. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment