Thursday, June 11, 2015

June 11, 2015

What am I not doing?


James 4:17

Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

Personal Challenge

It is so easy for me to recognize those sins in my life where I know that I have done something that betrays the love of my God and violates my relationship with Him. The ones that I usually fail to recognize and, therefore, go unconfessed, are the ones related to the things that I should have done, but didn't. James reminds us that knowing what to do, followed by not doing it, is a sin. Have I passed up an opportunity to be loving and caring to my neighbor...I have sinned. Have I failed to turn my head and heart away from temptation...I have sinned. Have I not given my all to my Lord and my neighbor...I have sinned. Thank God for His abundant grace, mercy, and love that He is willing to forgive me of both sins of commission and omission through the blood of Christ. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment