Monday, April 30, 2018

April 30, 2018

WORKING WITH OTHERS


Sirach 7:20-21

Do not mistreat a servant who does his work in truth
Nor a hired worker who devotes himself to you.
Let your soul love an intelligent servant;
Do not deprive him of his freedom.

Personal Challenge

I do not own my own business, so I do not have hired workers. I also do not have servants that work for me. However, there is still much truth in this passage that I can learn from. There are many ways throughout my life where I have opportunities to treat those in my life who are doing something on my behalf with love and respect. I have coworkers that are a part of my team and who sometimes take direction from me. Do I mistreat them or deal with them in gruff and ungodly ways? I have loved ones in my life, my wife, my children, my grandchildren, friends and other family members. How do I treat them when I need them to do something for me? In my church activities where I am in different leadership roles, do I lord it over those whom I work with or do I treat them in the way that the scriptures expect me to. I have a responsibility to my Lord and my neighbor to treat everyone with love and respect. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment