Tuesday, June 5, 2018

June 3, 2018

A GUARD OVER MY MOUTH


Sirach 22:27

Who will set a guard over my mouth,
And a prudent seal over my lips,
That I may not fall because of them,
And that my tongue may not destroy me?

Personal challenge

The tongue, or what we choose to speak with it, has been addressed by so many of the wisdom writers, the apostles, and even Jesus, as the source of so much sin and damage. That is why silence is so often lifted up as the golden behavior, for in silence I will not do as much damage as if I speak. But Jesus teaches us that what the tongue speaks, thus is the nature of our heart. Knowing this, we cannot just stop at holding our tongues, but we must also be working at purging our hearts and minds of those things that would be spoken by the tongue. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment