Saturday, August 18, 2018

August 13, 2018

THE STATE OF OUR HEART


Hosea 6:6

For I desire mercy and not sacrifice,
And the knowledge of God
More than whole burnt offerings.

Personal Challenge

There are many instances throughout the Old Testament scriptures where God tells His children that He no longer wants their sacrifices and offerings because their hearts and everyday actions are no longer in alignment with what they claim is important. How often do I get to this same place in my worship actions? Do I allow the cares of the world to interfere with my worship, with my participation in the liturgy, in how I treat my neighbor? God is more interested in the state of my heart than He is in the things that I do, especially those things that can become watered down through repetition. His love for me is new and fresh every morning, as mine should be for Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment