Wednesday, April 28, 2021

April 27, 2021

DENYING OURSELVES


Mark 8:34-35

When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.”

Personal Challenge

It can be difficult living the life that Jesus calls us to live. A critical component of this kind of life is denying ourselves, putting God and others before ourselves. This is indeed what God expects of us. This may mean that I spend less time doing the things at my church that I find uplifting and edifying because they are coming between me and my spouse or family. They should come before me. It may mean doing things that I do not enjoy or that do not make me look good because they are inhibiting someone else from growing in Christ. If we want to be like Christ, which all Christians should desire, then we must be willing to set aside those things that we perceive as important in order to raise up the importance of others and our God. This is losing our life for God and others. Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment