Friday, February 25, 2022

February 24, 2022

IMITATORS


Ephesians 5:1-2

Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.

Personal Challenge

I remember when my children were young, especially my son, that they reached and age where they would imitate me. On good days they would try to do what I did, whether it was wash the car, mow the lawn, or do some carpentry. They wanted the same tools and wanted to be right there with me, mimicking what I was doing. On bad days, they would repeat that word that came out of my mouth which was not appropriate or imitate my angry or bad mood. Paul is telling us to be imitators of God. We do this by following our Lord around, watching what He does, listening to what He says, and then doing our best to do the same. This is our sweet-smelling sacrifice and offering to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment