Tuesday, March 19, 2024

March 19, 2024

COMPASSION


Psalms 119:77 (118:77)


Let Your compassions come to me, and I shall live;
For Your law is my meditation.

Personal Challenge

As followers of Jesus Christ, we are challenged to walk in His footsteps, to be like Him, to act like Him. As the Psalmist here calls out for the compassions of God, we are reminded that Jesus was God's compassion for us made incarnate. He poured out His compassion by humbling Himself and becoming human. If we are to truly be His followers, then we too must humble ourselves and be compassionate to those whom He brings into our life. This means everyone, the immigrant, the indigent, the homeless, the sinner, everyone! Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me the sinner and forgive me for not showing compassion to my neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment