Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 31, 2013



Matthew 18:1-6

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

Personal Challenge...

I take a short hiatus away from these blogs so that I can welcome our new granddaughter into the world and look at the passage that is scheduled for today.

As I read through this all I can do is picture, feel, experience, this little 9 lb. bundle of joy and ultimate humility in my arms, know that God wants me to behave this way in His arms...fully dependent upon Him, fully at peace in His love and protection. I am also very aware of my responsibility to teach her about her heavenly Father and about how much she is loved by Him. I am reminded to pour myself into the life of my wife, into the lives of my children and their spouses into the lives of my grand children, and into the life of every person that God brings into my life. This is the example that He set Himself as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment