Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 22, 2018

RESOLUTE


Acts 21:13

Then Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”

Personal Challenge

Just as Jesus was resolute the week before Palm Sunday to go to Jerusalem, knowing full well that He would be put to death, Paul was resolute to return to Jerusalem to preach the gospel of his Lord knowing full well that the people there wanted to take his life. This is the level of commitment that our Lord desires of us, to be willing to give our lives for Him and His message of the good news about eternal life. Living a spiritual life that is grounded in Jesus Christ is not going to be a walk in the park. If we are striving to be like Christ then we will be despised by the world like He was. We will lose friends like He lost friends. We will be persecuted like He was. Am I willing to follow my Lord this way and have my heart broken by all of my loved ones who try to talk me out of it? Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment