Sunday, March 3, 2019

March 3, 2019

GODLY LIVING


Colossians 3:12-17

Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Personal challenge

This passage is so packed full of wisdom for living a Godly life that it would take volumes to unpack it all. Maybe the best thing to do is to just read through it, over and over again until it starts to sink it. But here are some tidbits that I know I need to be reminded of daily. I am Supposed to put on...


     tender mercies
 
     kindness
     humility
     meekness
     long-suffering
     bearing with one another
     forgiving one another
     ABOVE ALL... putting on love
     letting the peace of God rule in my heart
     being thankful
     letting the word of Christ dwell in me
     doing all in the name of the Lord Jesus

If I could do just a fraction of this every day, what a difference it would make in my life and the lives of those around me. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment