Tuesday, April 2, 2019

April 1, 2019

PERSECUTION


2 Timothy 3:12

Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

Personal Challenge

So, after reading this simple verse, I have asked myself "Am I suffering persecution?" The answer is, "No!" So, if I am not suffering persecution, then does that mean that I am not desiring to live godly in Christ Jesus? That is a tough one. We do live in a country and a time where I am not persecuted for being a Christian. Yet! But that day may be coming. We do live in a culture, though, where if I try to live a Christlike life, people around me will get agitated. We have become so polarized in our thinking that if I try to think or behave outside of the cultural box that everyone wants to force me into, then some form of persecution is exhibited. Try it out sometime and see what happens. Be apolitical, neither Republican or Democrat and see what happens. Love those around you, no matter what their sexual preference, political leanings, social agenda, race, color, or creed and see what happens. Love and take care of the downtrodden, the widow, the orphan, the migrant, or the outcast and see what happens. Maybe the reason I am not seeing persecution in my life is that I am not following in the footsteps of Jesus. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment