Friday, April 5, 2019

April 4, 2019

CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS


2 Timothy 4:7-8

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Personal Challenge

Life is tough. Paul talks about fighting the fight and running the race. Living a godly, Christ-centered life is not for the weak or the uncommitted. It is an all or nothing decision that we must make. And when we choose to commit our all to the life of Christ we can expect to be beaten, spit upon, ostracized, and even crucified. But there is a plus side to all of this. What we choose to give up in this world turns out to be a down payment on all the treasures that God has in store for us in eternity. We believe, we know, that in that day He will give us our crown of righteousness and He will welcome us into His Kingdom and the presence of our glorious God. This may be our personal challenge, but it will definitely be worth it. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment