Tuesday, June 2, 2020

June 2, 2020

DUALITY


Psalms 138:1-3 (139:1-3) 

O Lord, You test me and know me;
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thoughts from afar;
You search out my path and my portion, And You foresee all my ways.

Personal Challenge

We have become a people that live lives of duality. On Sundays, or other days that are convenient for us, we go to our churches and act like we are all godly and righteous. We proclaim that God is love and that we are His. Then as soon as we leave the church we put on our secular persona and spew hatred and contempt for those whom we disagree with, or better yet, who disagree with us. We proclaim that our church life is different from the rest of our life and that we have the right to say and do what we want Good luck with that! God does not just exist inside the four walls of the churches that we go to. He is everywhere and sees everything. He knows the true nature of our hearts. If we choose to follow Christ, then that does not just mean we do what He wants when we want to. We can no longer live dual lives. A Christian life is an all or nothing life. His ways, His teachings, His expectations must inform and shape everything that we do and say. If they do not, then we are not His followers. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment