Tuesday, March 23, 2021

March 23, 2021

THEIR FAITH


Matthew 9:2

Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.”

Encouraging Words

One of the things that struck me in a positive way when I starting looking into the Eastern Orthodox Church was the focus on "we" and "us" rather than "I" and "me". We are the Church of Christ, a body comprised of many parts, many people. When one of us sins, all are impacted. When one of us feeds a hungry person, all are touched. When we pray for one, we pray for all. We do not go through our journey to theosis alone. Thinking this way makes me accountable to all. It makes it important for me to care about my brother or sister and how their needs might be met. Just as the faith of the friends of the paralytic contributed to his healing, so can our faith lead to the healing and restoration to our fellow members of the body of Christ. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment