Wednesday, April 21, 2021

April 19, 2021

WHEN DID WE SEE YOU...


Matthew 25:34-40

"Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Personal Challenge

There are multiple interpretations of this act of separation of those who followed in Christ's steps and those who did not. Jesus ends up by reminding us that He, the incarnation, is in every single person. If we do not see Him in the people around us, especially the destitute, then we do not know Him. And then we are charged to not stop at just seeing Him in our fellow humankind. We must be willing to step into their lives as He did in our lives and meet their needs where they are. This is being His hands and feet in the broken world around us. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment