Thursday, April 22, 2021

April 20, 2021

WATCH AND PRAY


Matthew 26:41

Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Personal Challenge

I know, that for myself, I usually go through life just living and taking care of things as they come up. This way will often set me up for failing when a temptation arises and then I end up sinning. Jesus reminds His disciples, and consequently us, that we must live our lives in constant awareness that the enemy will be throwing temptations at us all of the time, especially when we least expect it. We protect ourselves against this by constantly being on the watch for the attacks and praying for God to guide us through the maze of life. He knows that our spirits are willing to know Him, but that our flesh is weak. One way to be in constant prayer is to use the Jesus prayer. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner! Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment