Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December 15, 2021

THE CROWN


1 Corinthians 9:25-27

And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Personal Challenge

What is the crown that we are each pursuing? For some it is the crown of fame. For some it is power. Others are pursuing wealth. Some even make their crown that they pursue, health. All of these crowns are temporal and will someday perish and be turned back into dust. These crowns are all uncertain and fleeting. As a follower of Christ, our pursuit should be for the imperishable crown, that crown that will be placed on our head by our Lord for running a race that glorifies Him. This crown comes from a life of discipline and persistence in our pursuit for our Lord, Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment