Wednesday, May 17, 2023

May 16, 2023

DO NOT WORRY


Luke 12:22-23

Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing.”

Encouraging Words

It is so important for us to heed these words from our Lord. Worry can tear our lives apart and wear us down. God has His followers in the palm of His hand at all times. Do we really believe this? Then live accordingly. What is it that we so often find ourselves worrying about? It is usually the stuff of this world. God is so far beyond this world. He created and sustains this world. Do we believe that He can take care of us from His abundance? As I find myself quickly approaching that point in my life where I will be taking down my shingle and retiring, I find that there is so much to trust in Him for. He has provided so much to me throughout my life. Whether it was being fired from multiple jobs, losing loved ones, or dealing with illnesses, He has carried me through and I do not see that changing. God is my refuge and I have nothing to worry about. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment