Thursday, May 18, 2023

May 17, 2023

MY PROTECTOR, MY GLORY


Psalms 3:4-7 (3:3-4)


But You, O Lord, are my protector,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
I cried to the Lord with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill. (Pause)
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord will help me.
I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who set themselves against me all around.

Personal Challenge

Throughout the history of mankind, all the way back to Adam and Eve, we have been beset by the sin of pride. We have a tendency to very quickly slip into the mode of thinking that we are able to do the anything and everything on our own and without someone. like God to guide us along our path of life. The Psalmist reminds us that we are nothing without God and that we can do nothing without Him. God is our protector. He is our glory. He lifts up our heads in those difficult times. We cry out to Him and He hears us. He helps us. He surrounds us with His loving presence. All glory belongs to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment