Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011

Philippians 3:12-14 NASB
Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Personal Challenge...
We often hear life described as a journey. Our Christian life is definitely a journey, and often one that can be filled with difficulty and challenges. It is those difficulties and challenges that better equip us for the work that our Lord has in store for us to do. No matter how far along we are in this journey we still have much further to go. And sometimes we must leave behind those things that might hold us back or distract us from our calling.

It is difficult to do this and yet it is so necessary. For me, sometimes the most challenging part of leaving these things behind is how much they try to pull me back. Sometimes its things, sometimes its people, sometimes its the institutions or organizations that we have left behind. Sometimes their need to keep us there is so strong to them that they will even do us harm to keep us where they are.

Our blessing, our prize, is at the end of the journey, but our Lord loves us so much that He will walk beside us, guide us, meet our needs along the way, blessing us as long as we stay true to Him and His calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment