Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3, 2011

1 John 1:5-7 NASB
This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Personal Challenge...
We often think of walking in darkness as walking in sin... purposely choosing to live a life that we know that would be dishonoring to God. However, this also means doing those little things that we would not be considered sin by the measurement of the culture around us.

One that I can think of is in the language that we use about, or to, those around us. Do I build people up or tear them down? Do I offer grace in my words, even to those that I do not like or agree with, or do I offer criticism and cynicism? Do I speak with the love of Jesus or the malice of Jerry Seinfield? Do I show and speak love to those around me (physically and virtually in the Internet world) or do I tear them down?

No comments:

Post a Comment