Friday, February 3, 2012

February 3, 2012

Isaiah 66:1-2 NASB
Thus says the LORD, “Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest? For My hand made all these things, Thus all these things came into being,” declares the LORD. “But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word."

Personal Challenge...
God is not interested in the institutions and edifices that man has built for Him. He is not enamored by our practices or rubrics that we have established and follow for Him. He is interested in the state of our heart and spirit. Only from a contrite and humble heart and spirit comes worship that truly glorifies God. Only from this state will the practices, the rubrics, the institutions truly point to Him and glorify Him.

I know that I must constantly check my spirit, my heart, my intentions to make sure that it is God that I am worshipping and glorifying and not me that is looking to be recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment