Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012

Luke 18:13 NASB
“But the tax-gatherer, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’"

Personal Challenge...
Yesterday our worship focused on the Publican and the Pharisee. I must shamefully admit that all too often I find myself puffed up and looking around to see who might be looking at me and all my "godly" stuff. In reality I have no "godly" stuff. I am a sinner and I must follow the lead of the Publican and fall on my face before my righteous God crying out, "Lord, have mercy!" I am redeemed from death only by the work of Jesus. His desire for me is to be humble with my fellow man and to always point them to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment