Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6, 2012

Colossians 1:9-12 NASB
For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

Personal Challenge...
Isn't it encouraging to know that nearly 2,000 years ago a man like Paul set in motion a prayer such as this for people like you and me? A prayer for us to be filled with the knowledge of God's will in our lives, to walk through our lives in a manner worthy of our Lord, living lives that please Him. I am finding that God, as the master road builder of the journeys of our lives, sometimes brings us to an intersection and gives us the freedom to choose which route to follow. Sometimes these choices are easy and sometimes they take a lot of prayer and consideration...especially if our desire is to serve Him and to glorify Him. I am so thankful that there is such a magnificent host of saints that have gone before me that have made the right choices and that I can learn from them. I seek God's guidance and wisdom as I stand at one of those intersections in my journey as a redeemed child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment