Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 20, 2012


Mark 10:24-25

And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Personal Challenge...

I must ask myself after reading this story of the rich young man and seing Jesus' admonition to His disciples on riches, "What riches in my life do I put my trust in over God?" Is it my job? Is it my savings or 401K or retirement plan? Is it the stuff that I have accumulated? How about the stuff that I want? All of these things are but tools that God has given me, better yet blessed me with, to build His kingdom, to tell His story. I must be careful not to make them my gods, my idols, and hold on to them lightly. Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment