Monday, July 20, 2015

July 16, 2015

Are You Talking to Me John?


1 John 4:20

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Personal Challenge

What are some ways that I hate my brother? By talking about them when they are not present. By shunning them when they are present. By looking down on them because they are different than me. And this list goes on and on. I sometimes find myself pointing my finger at others and accusing them of doing these things just to be reminded by my Lord that I am doing the same thing by judging them. By calling someone else out as being judgmental, I am being judgmental myself. Lord, have mercy! So, as this passage reminds me, if I am to be truly loving God, then I must be loving those whom He has placed in and around my life...no matter how much they might offend me. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment