Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September 28, 2016


MERCY!


Psalms 13:5-6 (12:6 LXX)

But I hope in Your mercy;
My heart shall greatly rejoice in Your salvation;
I will sing to the Lord, who shows kindness to me;

I will sing to the name of the Lord Most High.

Encouraging Words
According to Websters, here is the definition of this word:
1) kind or forgiving treatment of someone who could be treated harshly
2) kindness or help given to people who are in a very bad or desperate situation
Am I a person who could be treated harshly or part of a group of people who are in a very bad or desperate situation? If I answer these questions in light of who I am in relationship to my Lord and my level of righteousness, then I would have to answer, "Yes?" But as the psalmist reminds us here, because of who God is, I can hope in His mercy! And because of that hope, I can rejoice in His salvation and sing out to Him knowing that He constantly shows kindness to me. God, through the incarnation and work of His Son, is definitely giving me kind and forgiving treatment. I am receiving kindness and being given help, even though I definitely do not deserve it. And as I consider this and who I truly am, all I can do is call out, "Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment