Friday, September 30, 2016

September 29, 2016

WORKING WITH GOD


Matthew 7:7-8

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Personal Challenge

I do not understand Greek, so I have to rely on the experts when it comes to the analysis of what was meant when Greek was used as the original language. In these verses, we are told that the verbs ask, seek, and knock are present progressives. In common language that basically means; "be asking," "be seeking." and "be knocking." It means that I should be in a constant state of prayer asking, seeking, and knocking. This is another reminder that my relationship with God is synergetic and that I must be engaging with Him in order to expect anything from Him. This also implies that what I am asking for is in alignment with God would deem best for me, not all of the cool stuff that I want in this world. If I am living my life this way I will be seeking God by trying to learn His truths and His will. And if I am knocking, then I will be knocking on God's door seeking to know what His will is for me as His child. Living my life this way makes the whole concept of asking, seeking, and knocking totally different and totally God-centered. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment