Friday, March 23, 2018

March 23, 2018

WISDOM AND IMMORTALITY


Wisdom of Solomon 8:17-20

When I considered these things within myself
And thought about them in my heart,
That in kinship with wisdom there is immortality,
And in friendship with her there is good pleasure,
And in the labors of her hands there is unfailing wealth,
And in the shared training of her company there is discernment,
And in the fellowship of her words there is good repute—
Thus I searched about that I might take her for myself.
As a child I was good by nature and received a good soul;
And much more, since I was good,
I entered an undefiled body.

Encouraging Words

The writer of these verses makes it very clear that if we enter into kinship or relationship with Wisdom (Jesus), then we will enter into immortality. In our friendship with Jesus we will find good pleasure and unfailing wealth, not the kind of pleasure and wealth that the world produces, but the kind that the kingdom of heaven produces. As we seek Him and submit to His training then we will find the discern­ment that is His and that He is willing to share with us. We will be surrounded by good repute because it will be coming from Him. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment