Tuesday, May 29, 2018

May 29, 2018

GIFT VERSUS WAGES

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Encouraging Words

There are two small words in this verse that sum up the entire essence of works versus grace. These words are "wages" and "gift''. Wages are the payment that I am owed for something that I have done. Death is what I earn through the sin that I have committed. This death is both physical and spiritual. And it doesn't matter if I have committed 1 sin or billions or if it is very small or massive. Sin is sin and it perm­anently separates me from God. A gift is something that the giver chooses to bestow on me whether I deserve it or not. I cannot earn a gift. It is the grace of the given that bestows the gift upon me. God, in His infinite mercy, has given me the gift of eternal life through His Son, Jesus Christ. This is the Good News. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment