Friday, May 31, 2024

May 30, 2024

LOVE


1 Corinthians 13:1-8,13


Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Personal Challenge

This passage on love provides a very clear definition of the quality of love that is expected of a follower of Christ and the expectation to love our neighbor. If we find ourselves abandoning these qualities of love as we deal with the those who are migrants (illegal or illegal), those who are professing a different sexual orientation as expected, those who have aborted a child, or any other act that we disagree with, then we are not following in the footsteps of Christ. The same goes for if we are supporting and enabling people that abandon these qualities of love. If we want to see our world change to be more loving, caring, and Christ-like, then we most start by being more loving, caring, and Christ-like and supporting those who do the same. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me the sinner and lead me in your pathway of loving my neighbor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment