Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12, 2012


Galatians 5:13 NASB

For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Encouraging Words…

We are called to freedom! Our Lord died so that we might be set free…free from death, free from sin, free from the oppressions of the world, free to be His salt and light to the world. Why is it then that many Christian organizations choose to turn this freedom into authoritarianism? Even in the days of Paul he was constantly rebuking the leaders in churches to stop lording it over their membership and implementing manmade rules and requirements. I have been recently told by a leader in an organization that I have loved dearly for many years that this is just how our local leaders choose to lead their area of responsibility and the only choice I have is to submit. Huh!!! Actually I do have another choice…I can choose to walk away and not compromise my freedom in Christ. Jesus did not die to have me put back into bondage.

No comments:

Post a Comment