Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3, 2012

Matthew 5:17 NIV
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Encouraging Words...
Hmmm...I have always read this verse as talking about the Law and how much I have missed the mark, but now that I am looking at this (and all of the Scripture) through different eyes I see an entirely different focus. Jesus came to redeem God's creation, His creation, from that death that was introduced by Adam. The Law was established to better define the consequences of that death, the prophets rose up to point mankind to God and the promise of the The Christ who would come to defeat that death. Jesus' fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets was His act of redeeming creation from the grip of death and setting it on a new path to fulfill God's glory. Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment