Friday, April 6, 2012

April 6, 2012

Psalm 51:17 NASB
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

Personal Challenge...
God does not want our stuff or our promises or our "godly" works. Not that giving any of these things to God is bad, but unless we come to Him with our spirits broken and our hearts contrite, then we really do not have anything of value to offer to Him. I love how one of the prayers that I have added to my daily prayer time says it:

Lenten Prayer of St. Ephraim

O Lord and Master of my life, do not give to me the spirit of laziness, faintheartedness, lust for power, and idle talk.

But give to me Your servant the spirit of purity, humility, patience, and love.

O Lord and King, grant me to see my own faults and not to judge my brother, for blessed are You unto ages of ages. Amen.

O God, cleanse me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment