Saturday, December 1, 2018

November 26, 2018

HIS WAY OR MINE?


Isaiah 55:8-9

“For My counsels are not as your counsels, neither are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “But as heaven is distant from earth, so is My way distant from your ways, and your thoughts from My mind.”

Personal Challenge

Oh, how often we try to do something with good intentions to please our Lord, just to find out that we have failed miserably. Why is that? The intentions were good. When I have taken the time to dig into these events to find out what went wrong, the answer is usually that I tried to do these things my way, on my own power. This passage reminds us that God's ways are much more different than mine. Does this mean that I just stop trying? Heaven forbid! It means that I need to stay focused on God, exercising my faith in Him, and seeking His way of doing His work. This means letting go of my preferences and yielding to Him. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment